We’re always on the look out for new developers and designers to work with. If you’re interested in working with us, get in touch. email@example.com
Currently, we’re particularly interested in finding Front-End Web Developers, to work in our London office. Is this you? Details below.
Front-End Web Developer
Contract: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £40k – £45k based on experience
Location: Shoreditch, London
- A hefty amount of knowledge and experience with WordPress development, including best practices in development & coding
- Experience developing custom themes for WordPress
- Experience in UX/UI development and cross-platform responsive behaviour
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and to communicate quickly & clearly
- Very good understanding of written and spoken English as well as being a good communicator
What would be great:
- Experience with jQuery (not as a be-all-end-all solution to everything, but appropriate usage)
- Experience developing custom WordPress plugins to solve specific client requirements
- Experience optimising website performance and site accessibility
- Development experience with WooCommerce (including both visual and functional development)
- A minimum of two years’ commercial experience as a front-end web developer
What we don’t want:
- No theme-tweakers. We never use premium or third-party themes. Everything should be developed from the ground up
- No plugin junkies. Around 75% of the plugins we use on a client’s site are bespoke and coded specifically for that client’s requirements; we don’t want a site overloaded with plugins that kinda do half the thing we’re after
- No agencies. We’re only interested in talking directly with developers; not their recruitment agencies
All of the above relates to the work, but equally important to us is finding someone who will fit in with our team. We’re looking for:
- A confident self-starter who can take ownership of projects, whilst being comfortable working with 3rd party developers
- A flexible approach to working hours. We’re looking for someone to fill a full time role who is committed to helping us meet deadlines
- Someone with impeccable attention to detail and a passion for delivering excellence in their field
- Someone with a personality – you’d be joining a small company so the ability to get on well with others is essential
- We’re a small company and business is booming. As the business grows, the person taking on the role will have more responsibility and likely be required to mentor new members of the team.
- Although we’re looking for someone to work from our Shoreditch office, we’re open to discussing work from home arrangements, if it helps with your home life.
- You’ll have hands on involvement in project decisions and customer interaction. No Chinese whispers. We won’t just hand you static designs and expect you to knock it out. You’ll be involved in the decision making and access to everyone you need to do your job. No office politics and no being left out of the loop.
- The office is a fun 8 person space in the heart of Shoreditch. We share the space with a graphic design company, with whom we collaborate frequently.
- We’re busy, in a good way, and have lots of interesting and diverse projects lined up.
If this sounds like you and you’re interested in working with a small and dynamic team on a diverse range of interesting projects, then get in touch. Please include the following:
- Links to 2-3 examples of recent work that you’re particularly proud of
- Anything we haven’t mentioned that you think might be relevant
- Relevant contact details (phone, email, Skype, LinkedIn)
Send your enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!